Jean-Marie Salva – Partner (Paris)
Partner at DS Avocats, he coordinates, within the Parisian office, the team dedicated to Customs Law and International Trade Policy, covering both advice and litigation and, within the Brussels office, the team specialized in European Union law (mainly defense and trade policy).. Read more…
Vincent Routhier – Partner (Montréal)
Vincent’s practice is focused on international trade and customs law; particularly in the areas of trade remedies (antidumping), cross-border trade facilitation and customs/export controls compliance. Based in Canada, he advises clients on a broad range of international trade and customs law technical matters. Read more…
Vivian Desmonts – Partner (Canton)
Expatriate partner admitted to the Paris bar, he has worked with DS in China since 2002 and manages the Guangzhou office. He is the Vice-Chair of the European Chamber of Commerce in South China, official legal counsel of the French General Consulate in Guangzhou and arbitrator at the SCIA. He advises European and International companies established in China on various matters related to corporate, commercial, tax (VAT, transfer pricing), international trade (regulatory Framework, market access, trade defense measures) and customs (processing trade, temporary imports, bonded warehouse and FTZ, export control, FTA). Read more…
Arnaud Fendler – Associate (Paris)
Arnaud provides legal advisory services and litigation services to French and international clients, both in French and English, in customs law, export control and economic sanctions measures and trade defense measures. Read more…
Dimana Todorova – Associate (Brussels)
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Dimana Todorova has joined DS Avocats in 2017 after significant experiences in law firms in Brussels and Paris specialized in European and competition law, as well at the European Court of Justice. She provides legal advisory services and litigation services, in French and in English, with a double expertise in trade defense measures and European competition law, as well as all questions related to EU law.
John Reiterowski – Associate (Toronto)
John Reiterowski’s practice focuses on civil litigation and international trade. With his methodical and detail-oriented approach to his work, John provides his clients with a custom-made solution for each case.
In civil litigation John handles a variety of commercial disputes involving contractual obligations, real estate, debt collection, insurance matters, and trademarks. John appears at all levels of provincial and federal court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
When practicing international trade, John handles matters involving anti-dumping, expiry reviews, safeguards inquiries and customs. He is a regular author and editor of the DS Anti-Dumping Blog and International Trade Newsletter.
Latest International Trade Work:
- Steel Safeguards Inquiry – 2018 Inquiry – representing Korean steel company regarding Heavy Plate;
- Corrosion Resistant Steel Sheet – 2018 Dumping Investigation – representing Korean and Chinese mills;
- Carbon Steel Welded Pipe 3 – 2018 Dumping Investigation – representing Turkish mill; and
- Nitisinone Capsules – 2018 Dumping Investigation – representing domestic pharmaceutical company.
Latest Civil Decisions:
- Nu Stream Realty Inc. v 1116191 B.C. Ltd., 2018 BCSC 911 – defending a real estate company in an application to defeat a certificate of pending litigation;
- Dominion vs. Wawanesa, RBC & MVACF (Kalkat), Arb. Novick, July 20, 2017 – successfully argued that a major automobile insurer had priority over another insurer; and
- Liguori Investments Inc. v Gershwin Gabriel, 2016 CanLII 695 (ON SC) – trial decision regarding pursuing a fraudster in a used car sales fraud.