From offices located in Paris, Brussels, Montreal and China, DS Avocats’ Anti-dumping team has one of the best and most complete trade remedies practices in the field of international trade law and customs tariffs disputes litigation in Europe and Canada, specifically about exportations toward Asian markets (China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia).
Our expert counsel has extensive experience in representations and defence of anti-dumping, anti-subsidisation or safeguards allegations. Our team offers strategic and practical advice and representation to exporting producers located in targeted countries, governments engaged in complex trade disputes and interpretation of WTO commitments as well as importers and national producers located in Canada and the EU.
Our expertise spans a broad gamut of commodity products, including steel in all shapes and sizes, non-ferrous trade such as in aluminum, energy industry goods such as OCTG and solar panels, the food sector (garlic, etc.) and the construction industry, including goods such as curtain/window wall, rebar and similar commodities.
DS International Trade Law team offers:
- Permanent and particularised watches of trade measures in place and in preparation by the European Commission, the Canada Border Services Agency and the Canadian International Trade Tribunal;
- Preparation of strategic approaches in dumping and anti-subsidy cases, including preparations of notices and responses to questionnaires and representations before the authorities;
- Translation of materials and on-site support of company officials in preparation of the defence on sales, costing and verifications;
- Representations and defense on issues such as normal values, export prices and injury claims as well as refunds and assessment challenges;
- Following-up investigations on exporting companies especially Asian entities (for instance in China with the Ministry of Commerce, People’s Republic Of China).